Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden- Sneak Peak

The first spring after we moved to Portland we stumbled across the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden. I saw it on my drive to work and we happened to decide to drive down with Gabriella right during the height of the cherry blossoms.

This is my favorite picture of Gabriella & I from that visit in 2007 taken by Jonathan on the good 'ol Sony Cybershot point and shoot.


Last year we decided to visit again, with a two month old Juliana in tow.



This year we live super close to the rhododendron garden so popping by is no big deal. The weather has been so nice that we planned to visit as a family tonight, but a meeting popped up for Jonathan so I took the girls by myself. I got a few nice pictures, but I was quite busy making sure that Juliana didn't dive headlong into the ponds after every duck she saw. I also had to try and dissuade her from eating the crusty pieces of bread that people left on the ground for the ducks. I'll post the rest of the pictures after I finish editing, but here is a sneak peak...


and one more of the little germy bread eater for good measure...


2 comments:

Cooking with Big E said...

We had our family photos taken there last spring, it's definitely a pretty picture location! I remember going there when we had company visit when I was a little girl. I think we quit going once we moved out to the 'burbs when I was about 6. You're lucky to live so close!

The McAuleys said...

You should try Bishop's Close next--just across the river. It's amazing. If you time it right there are newts in the creek. We'll take you if you like!
http://www.diocese-oregon.org/theclose/