
... on her pot of gold.
Too much? Probably. I couldn't resist. Happy St. Patricks Day.
Right before Juliana's birthday Jonathan shared that he had put Juliana on the potty while I was at work and that she had tinkled right away. I thought that was pretty cool, but didn't get too excited. You see, Miss. Gabriella had all the early potty training signs. At 14 months she was a whiz at... well you get the point. 21 months, a new baby sister and two exhausted parents later she finally completed her potty training. She was darn close to three. Back to Juliana... I knew that since that first little surprise Jonathan had kept up on putting her on the potty at least once a day. He claims that she almost always goes. I put her on this morning and she went right away. Later in the afternoon I heard some commotion and found Gabriella attempting to get Juliana up on the potty by herself. I shooed both children out of the bathroom, but Juliana started to scream hysterically at being removed so I de-diapered her and put her back on the toilet. Again, she went immediately, but what I noticed this time was that she flexed her tummy muscles and gave a little grunt of concentration right before she released. Hmmmm.... obviously she knows what the potty is for AND she knows what muscles to use to get the desired result. Not bad for 13 months. I shared my brilliant exciting discovery and Jonathan said, "Ummm yeah Hon. She always does that. I told you. She knows how to use the potty." Oh. I guess Mommy needs to get with the program and join in the potty fun. As always, Juliana wants to do exactly what Gabriella does and that may make a difference in her eventual potty training. Maybe we'll finally have that early potty trainer. Maybe not.
One more thing... after supper tonight Gabriella got out a sheet of paper and stuck it to the fridge with a magnet. She went and got one of her stamps and carefully added two stamps to the paper. When I asked her what she was doing she said, "I'm making a potty training chart for Juliana. She gets a stamp when she goes potty." Obviously potty training is still a fresh subject in Gabriella's mind.
2 comments:
Well, knowing what to do is a good first step... Don't get frustrated if she doesn't get the concept of holding it for some time. Alyssa was always great at squeezing some out no matter if she'd just wet her diaper. Does Juliana mind being wet? I think that matters quite a lot. She needs to want to be dry. I do think she has an advantage by watching G. She wants to be a big girl on the potty and has a good perception of potty training. I wish you luck!
A
I don't consider us to be potty training her right now, but I do want to keep up with putting her on the potty several times a day. At this point she is even "asking" for it once in awhile.
I'm hoping being in cloth diapers will help Juliana too. At least I'm not dumb enough to do the pull up thing twice.
Post a Comment