Juliana has been picking up new words. Tonight at Kaycieann and Travis' wedding rehearsal Juliana lit up and said "Kaycie!" as soon as she saw her. She has also added "all done."
Since I last posted about the potty thing Jonathan have tried to put Juliana on the potty several times a day and she pretty much always goes. Since we started doing that Juliana has started to "ask" to use the potty by pointing to it. She can be quite insistant. Tonight I put her on and she went poo! After she was done I cleaned her up and she started to fuss and climb back on. I put her back on and she went pee. So where do you go from here? Just keep doing what we're doing until she is at least 18 months and more ready to give actual potty learning a shot? Any advice or thoughts? I was certainly not intending on early potty learning by any means, especially after Gabriella had so much early interest and then it drug on forever. I don't even want to be thinking about potty training yet, but I can't force her to stay a baby forever.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I say, let Juliana be your guide. If she takes the lead and wants to go to the potty, she will. It sounds like she "gets it" and if her body is mature enough she may be able to do the big girl thing out of shear determination to be like Gabriella and her parents! Jut think of it this way, any time she sits up there and goes, is one less diaper to wash! :) Don't get stressed either way, she'll let you know... Gabriella certainly did! I'm definately not one for rushing things, but she's the one sending the messages here so listen to her signals.
(a very proud)
Aunt Amy
p.s. I remember calling mom when I sat Thomas on the toilet at approx a year and he coincedentally pooped! She laughed at me. I wondered why. I do think this is more than that, but for a parent, it's an exciting milestone.
Oh, by the way, I'm counting on lots of wedding photos!
The proudly annoying Aunt...
I guess I'd just follow her lead! It isn't unusual to see kids in infant Montessori communities using the potty at that age--maybe take a look at what they have to say about it. Try these links:
http://www.dailymontessori.com/montessori-articles/toilet-learning-vs-toilet-training/
http://www.littleredrobin.com/pages/toileting_the_montesorri_way.asp
Post a Comment