Gabriella has a baby in her tummy. I know, I know, I was shocked too. But, she has been married to Aladdin (her imaginary husband) for over a year and it was bound to happen. I was first informed of this on Sunday. The conversation went like this:
Gabriella: Mom, you need to take me to the hospital.
Me: Oh? Why is that?
Gabriella: Because there is a baby in my tummy and it needs to come out tomorrow.
Me: How do you know it will need to come out tomorrow?
Gabriella: I'm just fairly certain it will. You can take me to the hospital after preschool.
Me: OK, that sounds like a good plan.
She then proceeded to tell everyone at church. She even told a few people that they needed to "look out for her" because she had a baby in her tummy. She is quite insistent it is a real baby. She intends on naming it Ruth. I'm sure Gabriella's Great-grandma Ruth will be quite honored to have her great-great grandchild named after her.
Juliana chatters away these days. It seems she is talking more while we're out and about in crowds of people. Calling our friends by name and attempting long strings of (sometimes difficult if not impossible to decipher) conversation.
Gabriella still looooooves preschool. She wakes up 30 minutes to an hour early on preschool days just to jump on our bed and insist we get a move on with breakfast lest she be late. Preschool doesn't start until 9:30 and she has yet to be late.
Yesterday I broke out the fall clothes and put actual shoes and socks on the girls in goodness knows how long. Juliana and I went to a baby shower in the morning while Gabriella was at preschool so I picked out a cute outfit for her that used to be Gabriella's. Some outfits I'm just so happy to see again. Anyhow, in the afternoon the girls and I made a park trip and I brought along the camera. I have to reconcile myself to fall somehow and cute pictures with stripey tights may be just the cure. I even had some secret hopes of that illusive perfect sibling portrait.
I was very pleased to actually capture some very cute pictures of Juliana sitting on the lap of... a cute five year old from the neighborhood that the girls often play with at the park. It would've made a darling sibling picture... too bad it wasn't with Juliana's sibling.
I love the potential of this picture, where Gabriella is actually the cooperative one. Juliana had no intention of laying on that grass.
This, however.... this is truly a slice of life with two small girls. One second I have the girls sitting next to each other sweet as can be and the next moment, Juliana is on top of Gabriella with her finger, well you know...
A perfect portrait, a not-so perfect portrait... take your pick. No pun intended.
2 comments:
I think you should use that one as your christmas card pic :) I LOVE it!!! :)
Congratulations, Grandma! :P
Post a Comment