The day before her birthday, Gabriella enjoyed her first trip to Build a Bear to where she helped bring a panda named "Lola Bear Whisler" to life. Lola was part of Gabriella's gift from Grandma & Grandpa Warth. Lola is quite snappy in a red and white sundress and white eyelet sandals. You should meet her or perhaps join one of her tea parties.
On her actual birthday, Gabriella enjoyed a supper of her choice followed by some gifts. Jonathan and I gave her a cupcake set for her play kitchen and a toy percussion set with a drum, some shakers etc...
I love, love, love her little "thankful" hand gesture.
...and then what should appear in the driveway, but a new bike from Grandpa and Grandma Whisler. (She was way more excited than this picture shows, but getting up on it so high off the ground was a little intimidating the first time.)
After gifts we headed to The Living Room, a community space hosted by our church and met up with some friends for cake and cupcakes. Yep, I made vanilla cupcakes with pink frosting AND a yellow cake with strawberry sauce. Not too bad for someone who was up at 3am.
What will year 4 bring to Gabriella? Preschool, new friends, new skills, new challenges... I'm excited to be there with her.
1 comment:
These pictures are wonderful! She is so precious and beautiful. I LOVE the thankful hands photo, and Gabriella's eyes just sparkle on the one with her cupcake. Good job Natalie with the homemade cake/cupcakes. You have always been a fabulous baker. I wish we could have been there for her party, but a couple of weeks later is still pretty close to Aug 27. We are excited to see all of you and Lindsay and Ethan later this month (too bad Joe will be away on Army business). It makes it handy that our children/grandchildren all live on the West Coast now, and are in such close proximity to one another.
Grandma Whisler
Post a Comment