At three Months Juliana Jayne…
-has finally outgrown all her newborn sized clothes! I didn’t have many newborn sized things so she has been in mostly 0-3 for quite awhile, but I can’t believe how long she ended up using those newborn things! She outgrew the one pieces awhile back, but I just put the two piece outfits and onesies away a few days ago. Truthfully, she could still wear the knit pants quite well, but I didn’t have anything in 0-3 to go with them so I put them away anyhow. A few of her 0-3 months onesies are already getting a bit small in length, but 0-3 pants are still a bit big. I went ahead and brought out the 3-6 month sleepers because I only had a couple 0-3 sleepers and was getting tired of running out of clean ones all the time.
-has recently gained some good head control.
-loves to eat her hands. Gabriella just wasn’t very oral. She had a binky, but she never really sucked her hands or fingers and she never put things (even teething toys) into her mouth. I don’t think this will be true of Juliana at all!
-loves to play with blankets. She likes to feel them, she likes playing peek-a-boo with them. She also likes to eat them of course.
-is still a very smiley girl. Even when she is fussy from reflux or some other baby ailment we can often get her to smile at us through the crying
-is quite talkative. She has added more consonant sounds like “buh” and “duh”
-has an amazing bond with Gabriella. I knew Juliana would really adore watching her big sister, but I didn’t know it would start so soon.
-is sleeping pretty well. She dozes in the evenings until I go to bed and swaddle her and put her in the bedside co-sleeper. She’ll usually do a 6 (sometimes 7) hour stretch at that point and then a 2-3 hours stretch and then doze until Gabriella gets up and demands her plain whole grain waffle and turkey sausage.
-loves to perform what can best be described as a “semi-reclining river dance” in her bouncy seat to make the thing bounce like crazy.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like she's really starting to get active! Both of my kids have been super obsessed with putting things in their mouths, I can't imagine a baby that *didn't* cram anything and everything in their mouth!
I like the river dance analogy, sounds like she likes to move her legs and the pediatrician may be right on target about her being your "active" one!
Post a Comment