.jpg)


Maybe I've been a bit too Oregonized, but it was way too hot today and yesterday. As a local newscaster eloquently stated "It felt like August on steroids." At first I was excited about a little heat wave. However, yesterday I got to leave the house and go to work... where there is air conditioning (like most Portlanders, we don't have AC. It is pretty temperate *most* of the time and not very humid at all.) Today however, I was alone with two hot sweaty fussy girls all day and THAT, my friends was a whole 'nother ball of wax. Before Gabriella's nap today I gave her a quick swish in the shower, stripped her down and put a fan right on her and that worked pretty well. By bedtime though she was a sticky fussy mess so we did another bath. About two hours after she went to bed she crept down the stairs and when she saw me she burst into tears and said "I'm SO thirsty Mommy!" Poor thing. I've been trying really hard to keep her up on water, but she chugged another full glass before she went back to bed.
I should note that the pictures I posted were taken at like 6pm... in the shade.
2 comments:
maybe u wish u were in iowa??? it was about 75, breezy, about 30% humidity yesterday, and i enjoyed the day off and not even on-call, so i helped my friend out in her garden....quite the change from being cooped up in the vet hospital for 12-14 hour days getting high on anesthesia gases all day long :) hopefully today will be a much better day for you...its currently only about 55 and im in sweats and freezing!!! much love from iowa!
It's extremely hot days that I'm so glad David talked me into getting A/C for the house. It's been sooooo worth it! Before the A/C the thermostat inside the house got up to 99 degrees. I'd throw poor Grace in a cold bath before her nap so she could sleep. Such misery.
Post a Comment