Thursday, May 21, 2009

Juliana's 15 Month Update


Juliana had her 15 month check this morning. She weighs 24lbs 12oz and is 31 1/4 inches long. That puts her in about the 75th percent for both height and weight. She is a big girl!
We talked over developmental stuff with the ever wonderful Dr. Sarah. I told her that Juliana has about 20 words outside of names (not all of them are super clear.) I got a lovely little speech from Dr. Sarah about Juliana still being quite ahead of the game and that I should NOT use Gabriella as a frame of reference for speech development (Gabriella had clear sentences at that age.) It is a bit shocking when I look back at Gabriella's records and see what she had for language at the same age, but I guess it is just so clear to me that Juliana has great comprehension and has her own little brand of genius that I haven't really worried about it. Juliana is a problem solver. There are little gears turning in there all the time, observing, figuring things out, making plans to dominate the world... Ok, maybe not the last one, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Juliana seems to do really really well with fine motor skills. Dr. Sarah was pretty surprised when I said she can put a cap back on a marker. Sarah said we should watch out for her figuring out door locks. She wasn't kidding.

Juliana was a very mad girl after her vaccinations. She ripped the band aid right off just to show me what she thought of the situation. Thankfully, a "guck" (duck) sticker helped atone for some of the ordeal.

1 comment:

The McAuleys said...

Sounds like the lecture I got at Ellis' 12 month. My cousin said some similar comparative statement at one of her younger daughter's appointments and her pediatrician said to her..."Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"