Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Gabriella's First "Newborn" Photo Shoot

The other day, Juliana was napping and I was watching a "workshop on DVD" for professional photographers. The DVD was showing photographer Rod Evans working on a shoot with a mom and new baby. Gabriella had been playing in the room and I noticed that her interest perked when they started the newborn session. Soon, she carefully selected a baby doll and was intructing me in how to pose with it as she pretended to take pictures. Gabriella has a kid digital camera, but I decided to allow her access to some more serious equipment... no, I didn't hand her the canon. I gave her the good 'ol Sony cybershot point and shoot (that most of her newborn photos were taken on.)

I have to admit, she did a really good job at framing her image, holding the camera steady and pressing the button halfway to focus. Her posing directions for me were hi-lar-i-ous. Lets just say, she is very meticulous. So, without further delay... here is the work of Gabriella Kate Whisler on her very first newborn photo shoot...

Ok, just one further delay. I should note that I did convert Gabriella's photos to black and white. However, I resisted any urge to crop them etc... I certainly wouldn't want to take away from Gabriella's artistic vision. We all know how those artistic types can be.
Oh and please... be forgiving of my sloppy pony tail and lack of general done up-ed-ness.





This shot introduces the new baby's older sister. I was given very specfic posing directions for this one, right down to the loving placement of my hand across the big sister's forehead.


This is really a great shot three years old or not, but we all know I'm a sucker for tiny baby feet. Even plastic baby doll ones.




5 comments:

Cooking with Big E said...

Way to go Gabriella! She did a great job getting things in focus and within the frame, I would have never guessed that a 3 year old took those photos. I love the pose she has you in with the "older sister". Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm speechless. I'd say she is going to be a natural at photography. Gabriella takes better photos than I do. lol She has her parents artistic genes for sure.

Grandma Whisler

Anonymous said...

The older sister photo is a total crack up! Her photo skills are truly incredible for a three year old! I give you credit for trusting her with a decent camera! I think Gabriella needs her own logo! You'll have to work on that one with her! It could be fun! One thing that could be really fun is to get a bunch of her photos together and turn them into a book for a gift for her. If she turns into a famous photographer someday, it will be even more cool! Who knows what photos will be snapped with by the time she's an adult! She could make me look like Mariska Hagertay! lol

She is a smart kid to pick up on that much from looking at your photos and a DVD.

Jenamarie said...

Awww, these are so CUTE! Especially the last one! Deffinately a better pick than my 4 year old is capable of. And I love that she posed you. LOL.

Anonymous said...

It just shows that the appel douse not fall far from the tree!

Would you ask Gariella if she would give me lessons or tips?

LOL

Alyssa