Sunday, January 11, 2009

What it means to be grateful

The girls and I stayed home from church today. They are still having a hard time shaking the bug they picked up right before we left Iowa. Gabriella has been requesting an early bedtime each night so I know she isn't feeling up to par.

This morning I made pancakes.
Gabriella ate her first, gave me a coy smile and said: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
Me: "That depends on what you are thinking."
Gabriella: "I'm thinking I want another pancake please!"
Me: "Of course"
Gabriella: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
Me: "Maybe. What are you thinking?"
Gabriella: "I love you!"
Me: "Yep, I'm thinking exactly what you're thinking"

Today while we were eating lunch Gabriella looked at Juliana and said: "She is SO wonderful!"
Me: "You are pretty wonderful too."
Gabriella: "Yes, we are wonderful, and we are both so grateful."
Me: "Oh? what does it mean to be grateful?"
Gabriella: "It means you are GREAT! Like when you have two daughters and they are so great you are great-ful."

I have to say, I'm pretty darn great-ful... and very very grateful.

I haven't forgotten the rest of the Christmas pictures. They will come soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so very precious! Gabriella comes up with the most heartfelt, honest comments. What a sweetheart she is. I enjoy your blogs Natalie. You do such a good job with them, and it helps all of us keep in touch.

Kathryn