Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I-La-Yooouuu

I could blog about the history making moment that we watched as a family this morning (Gabriella was impressed by Sasha and Malia's new house), but I think that will get enough coverage in its own right so I'll stick to other exciting developments...

Juliana said "I love you" unprompted for the first time today. Granted, It was all smushed together and sounded more like "I-La-Yooouuu," but still, what a special Mommy heart melting moment. Juliana started saying a few words very early, but she isn't as verbal as Gabriella was at this age. Gabriella chattered and Juliana is more one to be quiet for a long time and then pop out with something that totally shocks you (like saying "Thank You" clear as day completely out of the blue a few days ago.) Over Christmas Grandma Barb was working with Juliana on saying "I Love You" and Juliana was kinda sorta able to repeat something that sounded a bit like it... The kind of sounds you could only construe as an actual phrase if you are a Grandma or a Mom. Today Jonathan was giving Juliana goodbye kisses and after she was done kissing him and giggling she turned to me, gave me a big kiss and said "I-La-Yooouu." These girls learn how to work us early.



ps- Yep, that is a big 'ol bruise on her head. When we were in Iowa my Dad predicted that she would be getting a few of those in the near future. This is her first big head bonk... and I don't even know exactly how she got it!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Bruise or not, she's still absolutely adorable.