Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We're home!

We had a great visit to Iowa. We were able to catch up with several friends and lots of family. It had been two years since our last visit and that is just way too long!

Unfortunately both girls were under the weather for the plane ride home. Being on a plane for 4.5 hours with a baby with a stomach bug (upper and lower) is an experience that is probably best forgotten or at least not talked about and definately not blogged about (because I think most of you would take this blog out of your links if I described it in detail.) Fortunately, the turmoil was confined to our little row of seats. Someone sitting near us even commented on how good our baby was... if she only knew...

ANYHOW, I would really like to thank my family for a wonderful trip. Thanks for all the gifts and even more for the attention that our girls were spoiled with. Thanks to Dad and Barb for letting the four of us invade for three weeks. Thanks to Barb for sneaking off and doing our laundry anytime I turned around for a second. Thanks to Dad for all the food. And... NO thanks to my sister Amy for letting me borrow her amazing Chi hair straightener and making me utterly dissatisfied with mine!


A few more Christmas/Iowa pictures will follow, but here is a sneak peek.


No comments: