Of course, resting doesn't prevent me from taking some time (inbetween long naps) to play with some pictures I've taken in photoshop. Particularly, I was playing with one of the pictures of Gabriella I posted in that Once Upon a Time post I did last week. I really wanted to up the drama (Gabriella is a drama queen after all.) This "vintage feel" image was probably my favorite play on it...

Gabriella looks a lot like me, but often she will really really remind me of my mom, especially in the eyes. In this photo in particular I see a lot of Mom in her.
My mom even had a name for this particular expression... she called it her "movie star look." You see a lot of it in younger pictures of mom where she really played it up. As an adult my mom laughed off the inherent drama of the "movie star look," but even as a child I remember thinking she was amazingly glamourous.
Our scanner isn't working so you'll have to forgive the very poor quality "picture of a picture," but here is a photo of mom when she was about 12.
.jpg)
4 comments:
Gabriella really does look a lot like your Mom in that picture! Great play on the Photoshop image, looks really good.
Oh my gosh! When you put this in black and white it looks SO INCREDIBLY MUCH like mom's senior pic with her movie star look! I don't know if I have a copy of it. Do you?
Amy
The other totally funny thing is that when I opened up your blog and saw the pic in black and white (and I hadn't read anything) I thought... "I can't believe how much that looks just like Mom's movie star look!"
Amy
Hey, I finally found out (with Mr Paul Whisler's help) how to access this blog at work - duh . .so I could share with the ladies in our office. Of course, they all said what cute, adorable girls they are!! You are right, Natalie, she does look like your mother -- what a treasure for you.
Post a Comment