No, the leaves aren't falling. No, the rains haven't started to fall. No, I haven't brought out the sweaters. It feels like fall... because we're all sick.
Poor Gabriella was supposed to have her spectacular princess party on Saturday. Thursday night I put her to bed and she was perfectly fine. Around 3am Friday morning she crawled into our bed with a loud sneeze. Every 15 minutes or so she would sneeze and clear snot would run from her nose and she would cry out. I slept next to her with a tissue in my hand. ACHOO!... "Moooommmmm".... Wipe. When she got up she was still sneezing. I was hopeful that it was just allergies. When I came home from work Friday she felt warm so I checked her temperature... 101.6 degrees. Time to call all her friends and cancel the party. She was pretty disappointed, but overall took it pretty well. By Saturday night Juliana had a fever as well and I wasn't feeling so hot. By Sunday night Jonathan felt pretty junky, but he seemed to be the best off of the four of us. Gabriella's temperature was back down yesterday and Juliana was back down today, but despite being rather chipper again they both still have rattly chests and I'm giving both of them nebulizer treatments.
For this fall I will be off on Mondays and Tuesdays (while Jonathan is in class) and I'll work Wednesday-Friday. Tomorrow is my first day of fall programming so I'll be greeted by almost 200 smiling faces. Some will be new and some will be returning kids. Hopefully... I'll feel good enough to be smiling back at them.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment