We decided that a birthday trip to the zoo would be great fun. I should've known this might not be the best idea when on the way Gabriella asked, "The giraffes are in cages, right? So they can't eat people?" Apparently, my dear child's fear of dogs has extended to most other furry members of the animal kingdom. We saw the bear first and it terrifed her. She didn't want anything to do with the first 10 animals we saw including the bunny at the petting zoo. Eventually she warmed up a bit and enjoyed herself. Evidently, monkeys are not scary. She also enjoyed the zebra, the bats, the penguins and the giraffe (who was indeed in an enclosure and didn't look like he wanted to eat anything but his leaves.)
Gabriella and the not-so vicious giraffe...

Juliana enjoyed her first stroller ride. Usually she is in a sling, but Gabriella decided she wanted to walk so Juliana tried out riding in the stroller.

In the evening we had Common House, our church's Wednesday night get together. I brought a cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday. It was really nice to be able to celebrate Gabriella's birthday with our church family.
The cake was chocolate with strawberry filling. I was quite relieved that my cake layers didn't slide apart before we could eat it! It was certainly a bit wobbly, but I must say it was pretty tasty. (Once again I must give props to Cherrybrook Kitchens allergy friendly cake mixes.)



No comments:
Post a Comment