We hosted our second Thanksgiving this year. We had 11 adults and three children total... all family and some of them were even related to us ;) Jonathan's sister and her family were able to join us and our other "family members" joined us from our church.
This year Jonathan cooked up: A beautiful turkey, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, tarragon green beans (do I get points for going outside to cut the tarragon in the pouring rain? Hmmm... I suppose Jonathan did do more work) corn, and homemade cranberry and orange sauce. I made: One dairy free (coconut milk) pumpkin pie for Gabriella. Our guest provided the rest of the desserts. Lindsay even brought Jonathan's family's traditional dessert that has been passed down through the generations, "Oreo dessert fluff." OK, maybe not passed down through the generations, but the Whislers certainly like that stuff. Especially Jonathan, who is not much for pie.
Unfortunately, after Jonathan completed so much hard work I failed in my one duty as a wife, which was to take an amazing picture of Jonathan with his beautiful turkey in all of its golden, we-don't-use-turkey-bags-in-this-house, glory. By the time the turkey was done out guests were more than ready to enjoy it and the photo opp was missed.
So, in an attempt to make things right, I ask you to observe Exhibit A:

Do you see it? Way down there in the bottom right corner?

I know, you'll have to stretch your imaginations, but see the beautifully browned skin? The garnish? The moistness practically oozing out? Imagine it whole and magnificent. Tell Jonathan that he made the prettiest turkey that you've ever seen imagined and you will make his day.
I also failed to get many decent pictures of the adults we had the pleasure of sharing a meal with. Mostly, they have unflattering "I'm eating faces" (another testament to Jonathan's good cooking) and I like these people and want to have them over again, so I won't post those on the web. I figure most of you just want to see the kids anyway.
Notice the place where the cranberry sauce used to be on Gabriella's otherwise perfectly intact and untouched plate of delicious food.

Ethan seemed to enjoy his first Thanksgiving. He was really into this tasty orange. Too bad it was plastic.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
The turkey looks very tasty, I'm sure it was awesome :) Both my kids ate their cran-raspberry salad and a bite of sweet potato casserole and that was it. Refused to touch the mashed potatoes, turkey, and cornbread stuffing. They did however, load up on veggies & dip (well Ethan didn't actually eat his vegetable dipping stick...does that still count?) before dinner.
Post a Comment