Everyone knows that the first thing they do at a well baby visit is weigh and measure the baby. Juliana measured 24.5 inches and then weighed in at…. 15lbs 8oz. Seriously. I knew that she had a growth spurt. I knew that some cute baby rolls had appeared on her sweet little legs and I knew that she had jumped percentiles, but I still can’t believe she is that big. At two months old she was 9lbs 3oz and in the 5th percentile for weight. Two short months later she has picked up more than six pounds and is in the 75th percentile for weight. Can you see why I was astonished?
We talked with Dr. Sarah about acid reflux a bit because it hasn’t been very well controlled on either axid or zantac. We asked about her nasal “snorting” that she has had since she was a newborn. Dr.Sarah said her nasal passages were indeed inflamed from the reflux coming up into her nose. We’ll be moving up to the next level of reflux meds, a PPI. They are very safe and should give Juliana some relief. However, we will have to go to a special compounding pharmacy to get them.
Developmentally Juliana is on track and then some. Dr. Sarah said she was rather advanced with gross motor skills. She can already roll and scoot around the floor to get her sister’s toys. Hopefully she’ll stay content with that mode of (slow) transportation and not be an early crawler.
Food allergy/sensitivity and breastfeeding wise I’m still avoiding soy protein, milk, eggs, nuts and seafood. I tried eggs and it seemed to make her react considerably, but I also ate a plain burger at a church BBQ the same day… so it could’ve been cross-contamination of that. I am successfully eating soy oil now (the protein is the offending part of the food. Refined oils have the protein removed and most allergic/sensitive people can have them.)
We’ll get the food thing figured out eventually, but for now Juliana is healthy, happy, growing insanely fast and on the move!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What wonderful news! After such a rough beginning, our little munchkin is finally on track. A big kudo to you Natalie for adjusting "your" diet to help with Juliana's allergies while you are nursing. Also, a round of applause for chef Jonathan for all he does to create recipes that are allergen-free and yet nutritious and tasty. I know it hasn't been easy, but you both have been very dedicated and have persevered. Mom
That's one heck of a growth spurt! Sounds like Juliana is doing great :)
Post a Comment