This tiny babe will be joining us in January. This was our 12 week ultrasound. I'm 14 weeks now. In fact, with an estimated due date of January 20th this babe threatens to steal my very own birthday out from under me (January 23rd.)
As to the blogging hiatus... I've mostly been in survival mode. Fortunately the miracle drug zofran has spared me the horrible level of sickness that I experienced with the girls (especially Juliana... the little scamp.) However, I've been going to bed when the girls do, getting up early to make it work at 7am and working more hours in general that I do during the school year. That said, I may be able to keep most of my food down, but I'm wiped out! With going to bed at the same time as the girls and arriving home from work after nap/quiet time is over, most of my "me" time for things such as blogging has vanished. I'm officially finished with that less than fun first trimester and I'll cautiously admit that I just might be feeling a bit better, but with the girls the full on sickness lasted until 16-18 weeks (respectively) so I'll probably have a few more weeks before I'm fully functional. And then, you know... only a few weeks after that until I'm huge and don't feel like doing anything again.
Other things you may be dying to know (or not.)....
What do the girls think about it?
Gabriella is sooooo beyond excited. She has been asking/praying for a baby sibling ( a brother to be specific) for the longest time. Even though we told her that she just might not be getting any more siblings... I guess she knew better. That has been one of the funnest parts of this pregnancy so far. Gabriella is so excited to see pictures of fetal development and learn about the whole process. She will be one fabulous second time big sister.
While I'm sure that Juliana has no real clue what a new baby will actually mean for her life, the wheels have been turning in her head and she is developing her concepts of the tiny baby in Mommy's tummy. She paid super close attention during the ultrasound and afterwards she was able to point out body parts on the pictures we were given. Her preference... a little sister.
What was the heart rate?
I'll admit, I don't buy the heart rate gender guessing, but I did check out this baby's heart rate vs the girls at this stage. Baby is 160s, Gabriella was 170s and Juliana was 150s... so firmly in between the two girls.
Were you trying for a boy?
Ummmm no. We have always wanted girls (Jonathan even more so than me) and we are beyond thrilled to have two of them. We'd love to have another girl to share in all of the girly fun, but we would certainly welcome a little boy (also Gabriella would be over the roof with excitement.) However, if we do have a little boy we're going to need some name input. We can't ever seem to agree on boys names. Girls names are no problem, but boys names are tough! We might have to go with Gabriella's suggestion... Spiderman.
Are you really showing already?!?
Yeaaaah. I won't even tell you how long I've been in maternity pants AND I've already had a stranger ask when I was due (wearing a loose fitting tee shirt, not a maternity shirt.)
3 comments:
I think you need a swagger wagon :) You could even make a personalized swagger wagon commercial and video ...if you haven't seen it...just youtube "swagger wagon". It would even be funnier with people I knew! Congrats again!
Yay! I'm so excited for you guys...and I'm secretly hoping that you end up with a boy because I know how much fun you'll have with him. Although I grew up the middle of three girls, so I know how great it is to only have sisters too!
As for vans - Honda Odyssey. We got ours in December and couldn't be happier with it! Tons of space, handles really well, and good on gas!
Jaci, I had to youtube "swagger wagon." It was pretty darn funny!
Post a Comment