On Christmas morning, yep, Christmas morning... we had out some scissors for de-packaging gifts. After the gifts were opened I turned my attention to helping Jonathan prepare our Christmas meal. I'm pretty sure you see where this is going. Gabriella screamed out that Juliana had the big scissors and I turned to see her holding them with both hands going to town right on top of her head. You know, I didn't actually cry when Gabriella cut her hair, but this time I might have shed a few tears when I undid the elastic from the little ponytail on top of her head and about half of the long blonde locks it contained fell right into my hand. Gabriella's hair grows so fast, but Juliana has been slowly working on her shoulder length hair since birth. Sigh.
Here is an overview of the path of destruction...
It certainly could've been worse, but for now pig tails and such are out and her hair perpetually looks messy. I noticed in the comments on the post from when Gabriella cut her hair last year, that Grandma Whisler said that the moral to be learned was to keep Juliana away from Gabriella's scissors. Well, I'm sure that by now we've learned our lesson and that such a thing could never possibly happen again...
ps- Juliana is actually amazingly good at using scissors (to cut things other than hair) for being not quite two.
No comments:
Post a Comment