At 10 months old Juliana Jayne...
-Has added "nigh nigh" and "baby" to her vocabulary list. I wouldn't say she is doing "sentences," but she has played a bit with stringing some words together like "baby... no... nigh nigh!"
-Is getting pretty good at standing unsupported. She usually won't stand on her own for much longer than 30 seconds or so, but she is very good at lowering herself back down to the ground.
-Is starting to be aware of strangers. She will no longer go to just anyone.
-Loves her stuffed penguin and penguins in general. If you know Jonathan and have seen his penguin collection you might assume it was a bit of brainwashing, but she LOVED her stuffed penguin from the moment she saw it. When she goes into Jonathan's office she is just mesmerized by all of Daddy's "penguin toys." She probably likes the contrast.
The picture at the top of this post was taken a couple weeks ago. I attempted to feed Juliana some yam puree, but she wasn't feeling too interested. I took her out of the high chair and went to clean Gabriella up from her lunch. When I finished I found Juliana underneath the table eating fistfulls/finger painting the floor with yams. She had been able to reach up to the tabletop to pilfer them. Evidently yams are much more exciting to eat underneath the table in secret.
No comments:
Post a Comment